However, T-Mobile customers had to wait a bit more for the update to arrive on their smartwatches, something that usually happens with carrier-bound devices.
Well, apparently, the wait is finally over as T-Mobile is now pushing Tizen OS 3.0 to the Gear S3 Frontier and Classic. The update file weighs in at around 265MB and brings a lot of new features and improvements. You can find below some of the most important ones as listed by Samsung:
- Optimized UI with new functionalities for the rotating bezel.
- Nutrition management feature. Add calorie intake and compare calorie balance with your daily goal.
- Watch only mode – turns Gear S3 into a regular watch that shows the time only. Can increase battery life by up to 40 days.
- Multi-workouts widget allows for quick access to different workouts.
- Apps shortcuts widget allows for quick access to up to 4 different apps.
- Improved accuracy of heart rate monitoring.
- Samsung Connect – monitor and manage smart (IoT) devices straight from the Gear S3 (additional app download required).
- Gear VR controller – allows control of Gear VR with the Gear S3 (additional app download required).
- Support for Bixby Reminder. Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8 owners can get reminders on the Gear S3.
- Ringtone – set music saved on the Gear S3 as your ringtone.
If you’ve purchased your Gear S3 smartwatch from T-Mobile, you can go ahead and check if the update is available by heading to About Gear / Update Gear.