Weighing in at 258.5MB, the patch brings a plethora of new functionalities. The list below covers most of the major changes:
- Optimized UI with new functionalities for the rotating bezel.
- Nutrition management feature. Add calorie intake and compare calorie balance with your daily goal.
- Watch only mode – turns Gear S3 into a regular watch that shows the time only. Can increase battery life by up to 40 days.
- Multi-workouts widget allows for quick access to different workouts.
- Apps shortcuts widget allows for quick access to up to 4 different apps.
- Swipe up or down from any screen to open up Moment bar (quick toggles screen).
- Send SOS requests now include altitude for more accurate tracking.
- Improved accuracy of heart rate monitoring.
- Samsung Connect – monitor and manage smart (IoT) devices straight from the Gear S3 (additional app download required).
- Gear VR controller – allows control of Gear VR with the Gear S3 (additional app download required).
- PPT controller – can manage PowerPoint presentations with the Gear S3 (additional app download required).
- Browsing for new watch faces is now easier. Watch face sharing function also added.
- Contacts and Calendar – Create and edit contacts and events from the Gear S3.
- Viewing and editing checklists on the Gear S3.
- Added an option to customize the location of apps and sort them in the order in which they were most recently used.
- Design of Samsung Gear app has been updated.
- Updated Samsung Health app.
- Support for Bixby Reminder. Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8 owners can get reminders on the Gear S3.
- Ringtone – set music saved on the Gear S3 as your ringtone.
If you want to download the update, head to the Samsung Gear phone app. Once inside, go to the About Gear menu under Settings. Keep in mind that this is a major update that will take some time to install, so make sure to charge your smartwatch before proceeding.